At St. Edward the Confessor, we are community: where ALL are welcomed, ALL are fed, and ALL are loved, and we seek and serve Christ in each other by engaging with the community we live in through outreach.
The vestry and I have been following the developments of COVID-19 and have been in consultation with the ECMN on how we address this within our community. Our first priority is the safety and well-being of all people and after prayer, discernment and consultation we have come to the following decisions:
- St. Edward’s will not be holding public worship or meetings for a period of at least two weeks. We encourage you to follow St. Mark’s Cathedral as well as the National Cathedral, who will be streaming live services via the web. For those who do not have access to the web, I invite you to read morning prayer at home.
- We will be looking at the option of having morning prayer via conference call as well as bible study. More details about this to follow. I am hoping to create a YouTube channel where I will record sermons and publish them to the community.
- Office Hours— For those wishing to meet with me or come to the office, please contact me via my cell phone 612.865.5442 or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment. I will also be working through the week focusing on connecting with parishioners via phone and email to foster our community.
- Cleaning— Steve and Maryanne have been wonderful in helping disinfect our worship space. Through these two weeks, I and anyone else who would like to help, will be doing a deep clean of the church.
- Outside groups— EGH and AA will continue working in our space. They have been given direction of precautions and cleaning procedures to ensure that we are keeping our community clean.
- Pastoral Care— If you are needing pastoral care, please contact me at any time at my phone or email above. Also, we will be looking for volunteers from our community to help others by doing grocery and errands for those who are unable to do it. If you are in need of this assistance, please reach out to me.
- Reevaluation— The vestry and I will be in constant communication through this time and will adjust accordingly as things develop. It is never an easy decision to cancel services but the health and well-being of all people is our first priority.
It is understandable that in these times we find ourselves feeling anxious and have fear. Know that we do not walk through this alone but in community. If you need to talk or someone to listen, I encourage you to please call me or someone in our directory. We have faith in God and trust that God’s mercy and love is with us at all times, even in our anxiety.
I thank you for your consideration and flexibility in these times and know my prayers are with you all. I also want to thank our vestry for their wonderful work and consideration in this process. We are blessed to have such wonderful leadership in our community.
The Rev. Jason B. Lucas, Rector and the St. Edward’s Community